We want to make your experience here at El Centro Regional Medical Center (ECRMC) a valuable one. As a volunteer, we are sure you will experience the satisfying rewards that only service to others can bring. The information provided below will help you through the acceptance process.
Marty Dineley, Volunteer Services Director
· The potential volunteer must meet the minimum age requirement of 14 years.
· Parental Consent required for JR volunteers 14-17 years old.
· JR. volunteers must maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher.
· JR volunteers are required to volunteer at least (4) hours per week, for a minimum of six months.
· Required to attend all meetings.
· 18 and over and not in High School.
· There is no maximum age limit for an adult volunteer..
· Volunteer at least four (4) hours per week, for a minimum of six (6) months.
· Required to purchase uniform top.
Please note: Volunteers cannot perform any type of clinical duties, regardless of any licensure you may have, except for our supervised Career Path Program for student’s ages 16-22. You must volunteer at least three months to be eligible for the Career Path Program.
We do not accept volunteers for summer only or any commitment for less than 6 months.
The hospital will not accept volunteers for mandated court-ordered community service.
How to Apply: Complete the Volunteer Application and attach all required information and drop off at the Welcome Desk at the main entrance or mail to ECRMC Volunteer Services, 1415 Ross Avenue, El Centro, 92243.
Applications can be attained by clicking HERE or can be picked up at the ECRMC Welcome Desk at the Main Lobby.
JR Volunteers: Please attach (2) letters of recommendation from non-family members and most current report card/grades and GPA.
Adult Volunteers: Please provide (2) names and numbers for references on the application which will be contacted.
Once your application is received:
- You will be placed on a waiting list until there are available department openings.
- You will be contacted via e-mail when there are openings for a pre-interview meeting first. Parents of junior applicants will be required to attend the pre-interview meeting with their child.
- After the first meeting, you will be scheduled for an interview with volunteer services and if accepted may be scheduled for an interview with the perspective department’s head.
- If accepted, you will be given information to take the mandatory on-line orientation.
- After completion of the orientation you will be requested to complete the health screening requirements of the hospital which includes a TB blood screening for all, free of charge.
- A background check for those over 18 years of age, free of charge.
- Attend general training/education session.
- Purchase uniform top (adults).
- Placed/scheduled into a department/area and be provided with service training from the department.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at ECRMC. For more information or additional questions please contact Marty Dineley, Director of Volunteer Services via the form below.
For more information or additional questions please contact Marty Dineley, Director of Volunteer Services via the form below.