Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at El Centro Regional Medical Center (ECRMC).
As a volunteer, we are sure you will experience the satisfying rewards that only service to others can bring.
Please carefully read the information below in order to help you through the acceptance process.
Marty Dineley, Volunteer Services Director
We now have two time periods in which we will accept applications: September 1 to September 30 and March 1 to March 31.
Applications will not be accepted before or after the above dates and will be deleted.
JR Volunteers (Candy Stripers):
· The potential volunteer must meet the minimum age requirement of 15 years. (Please note new minimum age requirement)
· Parental Consent required for JR volunteers 15-17 years old.
· JR. volunteers must maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher.
· JR volunteers are required to volunteer at least (4) hours per week, for a minimum of six months.
· Required to attend all meetings.
. Required to fundraise for the ECRMC Junior Foundation.
Junior Volunteer Schedule is Monday – Friday 4-8pm and Saturday and Sunday 8am-12, 12-4pm and 4-8pm.
For 15 year old volunteers – shift time will end at 7:00pm on a school night.
· 18 and over and not in High School.
· There is no maximum age limit for an adult volunteer.
· Volunteer at least four (4) hours per week, for a minimum of six (6) months.
· Required to purchase uniform top.
Adult Volunteer Schedule is Monday – Friday 8am-12 and 12-4 or 5pm.
You must be available during the week, during the day as the evenings and weekends are reserved for the Junior Volunteers.
Junior Volunteers: Please attach (2) letters of recommendation from non-family members and most current report card/grades and GPA.
Adult Volunteers: Please provide (2) names and numbers for references on the application which will be contacted.
Job shadowing is not part of the Volunteer Services Program. Contact the ECRMC Education Department for Job Shadowing and Internship opportunities.
Please note: Volunteers cannot perform any type of clinical duties, regardless of any licensure you may have, except for our supervised Career Path Program for student’s ages 16-22.
You must volunteer here at least three months with at least 16 hours per month to be eligible for the Career Path Program.
We do not accept volunteers for summer only or any commitment for less than 6 months.
Hours will be verified/signed off for school requirements only after 48 hours have been performed (3 months of service).
The hospital will not accept volunteers for mandated court-ordered community service.
How to Apply: Complete the Volunteer Application only between Sept 1 and 30 and March 1 and 31, and attach all required information
and drop off at the box on the Welcome Desk counter at the main entrance or mail to ECRMC Volunteer Services, 1415 Ross Avenue, El Centro, 92243.
Applications can be attained by clicking HERE or can be picked up at the ECRMC Welcome Desk at the Main Lobby. (Sept and March only)
Please note that if your application is incomplete you will not be contacted and your application will be deleted.
Once your application is received in September or March:
- You will be contacted via e-mail when there are openings for an interview, possibly by the beginning of the next month
- If accepted, you will be given information to take the mandatory on-line orientation.
- After completion of the orientation you will be requested to complete the health screening
requirements of the hospital which includes a TB blood screening for all, free of charge.
- If you test positive for TB, you will be required to obtain X-rays, which you will be responsible for the payment of.
- A background check for those over 18 years of age, free of charge.
- Attend general training/education session.
- Purchase uniform top (adults).
- Placed/scheduled into a department/area and be provided with service training from the department.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at ECRMC. For more information or additional questions please contact Marty Dineley, Director of Volunteer Services via the form.