Interventional Radiology (Special Procedures)
ECRMC offers patients interventional radiology and consulting service on
an outpatient basis. Our services include:
- Fluid Drainage
- Percutaneous Needle Biopsies
- Breast Procedures
- Lumbar Puncture
- Pain Management
How to prepare:
- All special procedures are first scheduled as a consultation.
- This allows the nurse and physician to meet with the patient, and explain
the type of procedure that will be performed. Any questions or concerns
can be discussed at this time.
- Once the consultation is completed, the patient will be given an appointment
with instructions for their procedure.
- Bring all images pertaining to area of interest, from outside facilities.
- Bring a list of medications.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to appointment time to register and complete necessary
What to expect:
- Expect to be in your procedure for approximately 1 hour.
- You may be taken to recovery following your procedure. Please consult Radiology
team to specify.
- Results will be sent to the referring physician within 24-48 hours.