Private Rooms for Tender Moments in Imperial Valley
Family-Centered Care from El Centro Regional Medical Center
ECRMC's Maternity and Child services provides family-centered care
(also known as couplet care), in which mother, baby and support person
stay together from childbirth to discharge. Couplet care facilitates family
bonding, supports successful breastfeeding and increases patient satisfaction.
As soon as your baby is born, he or she will be dried off and placed in
direct contact with you. This initial contact helps your baby regulate
his or her breathing, heart rate, temperature and more. Right after birth
most babies are very awake and willing to be fed. This is a wonderful
time for mother and baby to start learning how to breastfeed.
We minimize maternal-infant separation. You and your baby are cared for
together with one nurse caring for the "couplet." Your baby
stays in your hospital room, even at night. We encourage all maternity
patients to have a support person who can stay with you in your private room
Private Rooms for Tender Moments:
- Begins almost immediately after childbirth
- Focuses first on establishing best breastfeeding practices
- Reduces maternal-infant separation throughout the hospital stay
- Allows newborns to reside/sleep in same room as the mother
- Includes fathers, family members, and other support people
- Is focused on patient satisfaction
For more information call us at 760.339.7293.