Nominate Your Nurse at ECRM
Daisy Award Winners – Recognizing Extraordinary Writers
DAISY is an acronym for Diseases Attacking the Immune System. The DAISY
Award was established by the DAISY Foundation in memory of J. Patrick
Barnes who died at 33 of ITP, an auto-immune disease. The Barnes Family
was awestruck by the clinical skills, caring and compassion of the nurses
who cared for Patrick, so they created this national award to say thank
you to nurses everywhere.
Anyone can nominate a nurse for the DAISY Award. The DAISY Award committee
selects one nurse who exemplifies the following characteristics:
- Established a special connection with a patient/family
- Has significantly made a difference in the life of a patient
- Shows empathy in all situations
- Is an outstanding role model for the nursing profession
- Generates enthusiasm and energy towards meeting the challenges of nursing
- Consistently exhibits excellent interpersonal skills
- Exemplifies the essence of professional nursing in all activities
Congratulations to ECRMC Daisy Awardees of 2018:
- Sandra Iris Torres
- Enrique Temores
You change the way we get things done in Health Care!
To nominate one of our nurses pick-up at nomination form at any of the
Daisy Boxes throughout the hospital.