Thank You for Supporting the Imperial Valley Community
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at El Centro Regional
Medical Center (ECRMC). The information below should help you with any
questions you may have and please do apply in September to join the ECRMC
We now have two time periods in which we will accept applications: September
1st through 30th and March 1st through 31st. Applications will not be
accepted before or after these dates and will be deleted.
Junior Volunteers (Candy Stripers):
- Meet the minimum age requirement of 15 years
- Parental consent required for junior volunteers 15-17 years old
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Required to volunteer at least (4) hours per week, for a minimum of six
- Required to attend all meetings
- Required to fundraise for the ECRMC Junior Foundation
Volunteer Schedule: is Monday – Friday 4:00 - 8:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am
- 12:00, 12:00 - 4:00 pm and 4:00 - 8:00 pm. For 15-year-old volunteers
– shift time will end at 7:00 pm on a school night.
- 18 and over and not in High School
- There is no maximum age limit for an adult volunteer
- Volunteer at least four (4) hours per week, for a minimum of six (6) months
Adult Volunteer Schedule: is Monday – Friday 8:00 am - 12:00 and 12:00 - 4:00 or 5:00 pm.
You must be available during daytime hours during the week as the evenings
and weekends are reserved for the Junior Volunteers.
Junior Volunteers: Please attach (2) letters of recommendation from non-family members and
most current report card/grades and GPA
Adult Volunteers: Please provide (2) names and numbers for references on the application
which will be contacted
- Job shadowing is not part of the Volunteer Services Program. Contact the
ECRMC Education Department for Job Shadowing and Internship opportunities
- Volunteers cannot perform any type of clinical duties, regardless of any
licensure, you may have, except for our supervised Career Path Program
for students ages 16-22
- You must volunteer here at least three months with at least 16 hours per
month to be eligible for the Career Path Program
- We do not accept volunteers for summer only or any commitment for less
than 6 months
- Hours will be verified/signed off for school requirements only after 48
hours have been performed (3 months of service)
- The hospital will not accept volunteers for mandated court-ordered community service
How to Apply
Volunteer Applications can be picked up, completed and dropped off
between September 1st through 30th and March 1st through 31st at the ECRMC Welcome Desk in the Main Lobby.
Please note that if your application is incomplete you will not be contacted
and your application will be eliminated.
Once your application is received in September or March:
- You will be contacted via e-mail when there are openings for an interview,
possibly by the beginning of the next month
- If accepted, you will be given information to take the mandatory on-line
- After completion of the orientation, you will be requested to complete
the health screening requirements of the hospital which includes a TB
blood screening for all, free of charge.
- If you test positive for TB, you will be required to obtain X-rays, which
you will be responsible for the payment of.
- A background check for those over 18 years of age, free of charge.
- Attend general training/education session.
- Placed/scheduled into a department/area and be provided with service training
from the department.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at ECRMC. For more information
or additional questions please contact Ana Gomez, Volunteer Services via email at
email@example.com or call us at 760.482.5068.